Wednesday, 23 May 2012

The start.......

So this is the start of my blog....
My goal and the idea for the blog comes from wanting to sketch all 110 Messier objects and store/display them on the interweb along with a written report for each object that will hopefully serve as a diary.

The only restraints I have towards this blog and sketching are work commitments, I work two weeks on/two off so at least for the summer months sketches may be few and far between but eventually I'II get there. :)

It would also be good to hear any thoughts you have so please leave a comment if you have the time.

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Thanks so much for doing this. I have my first big dob coming soon and lots of dark sky. I'm going to use your sketches as a reference to make sure I'm looking at what I think I'm looking at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. :)
      For me observing got really exciting as soon as I moved to a 12" because that was when globs could be resolved and galaxies started showing structure, moving up to a 16" and going to dark skies to observe really makes those dark nights special!
      Best of luck with your new dob and let me know how you get on. :)

      Mike

      Delete