Sunday, 19 January 2014

Jupiter 18/1/2014







Once again my clear skies coincided with 'the boring side' of Jupiter which turned out to be no so boring after all, there wasn't a ton of detail to show but I packed up feeling confident that what detail was on show I managed to record but maybe there isn't actually very much to see at the longitudes? Time will tell when I compare my sketch to some images later today.



Sketch notes

Both polar regions showed roughly the same contrast and brightness.

The NNTB was faint and merged with the NPR.

Two dark patches of festoons either side of the CM with one large hooked shape festoon branching out into the EZ..

The SEB showed a diagonal strip which stopped before reaching the SEBn/SEBs.

Dark oval spotted on the STB(?).

No comments:

Post a Comment